Thursday, July 5, 2012

Hematocrit back up

Good news, Tom's hematocrit is back to 25 today. I had a chance to actually talk to Dr. Williams and, like Tom, I am not impressed. I guess I need to stop making waves and let whatever happens, happen. It's just so hard. Tom's ammonia level is up to 92, and they are increasing the lactulose again. I asked Dr. Williams if there was anything else that might be causing the problem - like diet or something. He commented that diet was a thought and he would talk to dietary. He told me that the problem is Tom's liver, duh!!! Due to timing issues Tom didn't get PT today. He is frustrated by that. The therapist did come by this evening and apologize for not getting back to him earlier. We thought he might have to go to Baptist to get blood tomorrow but he won't have to so he has a PT appointment. He has told them he is paying for 5 days a week so he's keeping up with how many they owe him. He was outside in his wheelchair when I got here today. It was a great mood lifter for me. He got back into bed almost entirely by himself. Now, if he can just get PT to help him get walking! Please continue praying for Tom (and me).

No comments:

Post a Comment