Sunday, May 1, 2011

R&R

Today was a day of rest for Tom.  I went to visit after Church and had lunch with him.  Then he got in a wheelchair and we strolled around the facility.  It finally stopped raining here so we could enjoy some sunshine in the courtyard.  His friend Dennis came to visit also which was nice.

Tom should be pretty busy with PT the next few days.  I think they will probably do some bloodwork tomorrow too so we'll pray for continued good news.

If you decide you want to visit, you might want to call first.  We were looking at the "activity calendar" and Tom could potentially be participating in some of the fun events they have lined up this week like "Welk hour" (I suppose that is a reference to Lawrence Welk for those of you old enough to remember him), or there is also "Fun with Yarn" - maybe Tom will learn how to knit hats or sweaters or something.  If he is still there on Friday, they have "Puzzles" scheduled for the afternoon.  :-)

Tom is feeling pretty good, although still itching some.  He is getting sleep at night too.  His only complaint is that the nurses and techs don't seem to know how to shut his door when they leave!  It will be good exercise for him to get up and go shut it himself!

He told me not to come by in the morning (probably because he knows it's going to be pretty early) so I won't see him until after work.  Look for another post tomorrow night.

2 comments:

  1. I know Tom is beyond excited about "Welk Hour" and the knitting!!! Whoohooo!! I will be expecting a afghan for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ana one ana two...Yes, I remember Welk. But if Tom is going to have that for exercise music while he's having "fun with yarn" I think staying away might be a smart move....

    ReplyDelete