Saturday, May 14, 2011

GREETINGS

Hello everyone!  I know it's been a long time since the last post but we've been working on living our "normal" lives again. 

It was great to have my parents here this week.  They were such a big help - mostly just being here and helping Tom if he needed it and giving me peace of mind while I was at work.  They shuttled Tom to and from his doctors appointment this week and also took him by his office for a short visit.  They also got to bond with their "grand dogs".  I know the puppies will miss their laps and their love!

The results from the blood tests at the doctors office arrived today.  Tom's bilirubin is now at 6.7.  Even though normal is 0.2 - 1.2, a month ago it was 9.1!  So, it is much better.  Tom is still yellow and a bit itchy but that is improving.  The liver enzymes we track are AST which is now 78 and ALT which is n ow 59.  The normal range for these is between 10 and 40.  A month ago they were 100 and 63 respectively so it's exciting to see those numbers falling too.  The only thing that needs work is his iron level.  We have a prescription for an iron supplement to get filled for that.  I think that will help Tom have more energy too.

Tom and I had an outing today to a shoe store I've been trying for years to get him to go to.  It's where I get my work-out shoes and they specialize in fitting your feet.  He purchased two new pairs of shoes.  He doesn't seem to be as excited about it as I am when I purchase new shoes but I guess that's a guy thing!

Tom continues physical therapy 3 times a week.  He is now walking more with a cane instead of the walker which is really good.  He should get extra credit for the sitting, standing and walking he did today at the shoe store.

I think I mentioned that it will probably be a couple of more weeks before Tom goes back to work.  This really depends on his strength and energy level.  We'll see what the doctor says on his next visit.

I will probably be spending the rest of the weekend going through the mountain of insurance paperwork and doctors bills.  It's something I have been dreading.  If I don't start paying the bills, I may get in trouble.  I know we haven't received everything yet but I can at least get what I have organized I suppose.

Again, I thank you so much for following this blog and keeping Tom and me in your thoughts and prayers.  I keep saying he wouldn't be here if it were not for all of your prayers - I truly believe that.  God saw fit to let Tom live.  We are so blessed by everything you all have done.  We continue to receive cards and food!  There is still work to be done but we only have today so we won't worry about the future.  We will be thankful for this day that the Lord has made.

God bless you too!

1 comment:

  1. When I talked with Tom on the 14th, the last thing I said to him was:"Take care of yourself... I'm not done with you yet"... Jeanne, thank you so much for your love and concern, and this blog!

    ReplyDelete