Saturday, May 28, 2011

DOING BETTER

About the only news we have to report today is that Tom's white blood cell count is down to about 18. It's still high (normal would be 10) but moving quickly in the right direction.  He continues to receive IV antibiotics and the thyroid medicine.  His heart rate was a little high today so they ran an EKG and then decided that they needed to give him his high blood pressure medicine again.  Neither one of us know why they stopped giving it to him in the first place.  I thought his BP this evening was higher than it's been so we'll see what it's doing in the morning. 

Tom ate more at dinner tonight than I've seen him eat in a long time so that's good.  I would like to see him up and around more and have mentioned that to him a time or two (or four).  Anyway, I'm sure there is no chance that he will come home before Tuesday so we'll continue on this course.  Tom's good friend Dennis came by for a visit today which did wonders for Tom's mood.  I am so grateful.  There will be lots of racing for Tom to watch tomorrow so that will help pass the time (and maybe give me a chance to do a few things I had hoped to get done this weekend).

I hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day weekend.  Please say a extra prayer for safety of those who continue to fight for our freedom and for comfort for those families who have lost a loved one - for any reason.  Life is a precious gift from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment