Monday, May 2, 2011

INTENSE REHAB

Tom said he had 2 sessions of rehab today totaling 3 1/2 hours!!  He walked a lot and did a bunch of leg lifts.  He seems a bit more steady on his feet tonight too.  He took a shower and right before dinner we had to move to the hallway because of a tornado warning.  We stood in the hall with the other patients for 45 minutes.  Actually, Tom sat in a wheelchair and I stood!

By the time we got back to the room, dinner was cold so I ran out to Wendy's for a couple of sandwiches.

They didn't take any blood for tests today.  So no numbers to gage his progress.  Tom said they only release patients Monday through Thursday so if he's not sent home on Thursday, I guess it will be sometime next week.

On the home front, one of our brand new toilets is defective and has leaked.  So now there is a hole in the ceiling of the family room and the toilet is out of commission.  I've ordered a new one and will have to wait for it to come in.  I won't have my parents come to help until we can get the toilet replaced upstairs.  In addition, I had to take my car to the shop today for some service.  My friend Becky came through (again) and helped me get home from the dealership.  Now all I have to do is get back there tomorrow.  I told Tom if he doesn't come home soon, I'm going to trade him in for a wife like me! 

I keep thinking about all those folks affected by the recent tornado's and then I remember that I can handle a small hole in the ceiling - at least I have a ceiling over my head and 2 other toilets that work great!  Please keep those folks in your prayers and thank God that Tom is getting better!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Tom has got the message. Work hard now, go home sooner... That's the right message. I am excited about his progress and thank God for you Jeanne. his would not have gone as well as it has, had it not been for you.

    ReplyDelete