Sunday, February 26, 2012

So much better

Tom is doing so much better this afternoon. His friend Dennis came by and they had a nice visit. The visits have helped Tom improve more than anything else. He has not been out of bed yet. They did move him to another "room" inside ICU. Apparently the isolation room (cube) he was in was needed for another patient. I still don't know why he's in ICU. They are very busy and short-handed here. They don't want guests to be here between 6 and 8 AM and PM so I'll probably need to leave soon. Tom just received his first meal in 24 hours so that should make him feel better also.

Dr. Rutland should come by tomorrow. I really hope Tom will be able to go home. His red blood count was 30 so he will not need any blood. We're very thankful for that. If they will let him get up and move around, that will help too. I don't think anyone wants to make that decision so we may have to wait for Dr. Rutland to make that call.

My diagnosis is a post-antibiotic jump in his ammonia level. I don't know why that happens. This is the second time it's happened so I think we have a pattern. It's something we will need to prepare for in the future.

Thanks for checking the blog and praying for us. It's been a rough 24 hours but I think the worst is behind us.

I'll post when I get an update tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment