Monday, February 27, 2012

Good news/bad news

Poor Tom, I practically force fed him tonight - but, he ate his entire dinner: meatloaf, Mac and cheese, turnip greens and grapes! I think he will be a lot better in the morning.

Tom's new MELD score is 12. That's down a point from last time which is not good news in terms of list placement but it means he's stable, which kind of doesn't mean a whole lot in our present situation. I think the ammonia spikes are related to the lack of full liver function but it's not a big factor in the calculation. I can only guess it's because our ammonia level goes up and down all the time (probably not this high though). Anyway, something else to discuss with the docs at UAB. I wish I had a better explanation because I get asked all the time why he's not higher on the list when he's in the hospital all the time.

I wish he could have been more alert to watch the Daytona 500 tonight. I told him he was going to have to wake up and remember who wins so he can tell me in the morning.

Well, dogs are fighting for my attention so I better give them some so I can go to bed.

Please keep praying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment