Friday, February 24, 2012

ON THE MOVE

Tom continues to get better.  He had a doctors appointment on Tuesday for a follow-up on the cellulitis and it is much better.  He finished this round of antibiotics on Wednesday so we'll keep an eye on his leg to make sure it doesn't come back.

Tom and I celebrated Valentines Day with dinner last Friday night.  We went to Sperry's and Tom did NOT use his walker!  It was wonderful.  He's still moving slow but getting stronger every day.  He had therapy yesterday and was walking around the house last night without the cane!

I want to brag on more of our wonderful neighbors . . . a couple of weeks ago I was trying to unload a new media stand by myself.  Our neighbor behind us saw me struggling and came over to help me get it unloaded and into the house.  It was much heavier than I thought it would be.  Our old media stand did not even make it out of the door in one piece (translation:  cheap piece of furniture)!  Last Sunday as I was pulling in from church, I noticed another neighbor had left a beautiful bouquet of flowers and sweet note on the porch.  They are still so colorful!  I can't say enough how blessed we are!

Tom's blood work for a new MELD score was due yesterday.  I called to verify that they had received the results but they did not have it calculated yet so I guess we will have to wait to receive the letter with the new score.  Tom is doing so well and getting so much stronger, I wouldn't mind if it stayed low for just a little while longer, but then again, I wouldn't mind if it rose just a little.  Honestly, I just don't know what to pray for these days.  I keep thinking that maybe his liver will regenerate and a transplant won't be necessary, but I know more of these lingering issues would be solved with a completely healthy liver.  I do wish they could give us a timeframe.  Tom goes back to UAB in March so we'll see what they say at that time.

Tom likes to go out for breakfast these days so we try to do that at least one day on the weekend.  He's been meeting some friends for lunch and going to the grocery store.  The best part is - he drives himself to his doctors appointments and I can just meet him there!  It saves 2 hours of my day!  Of course, those doctors appointments are not as frequent as they used to be which is great!

Well, I don't know about you all, but I am ready for Spring!  We had a beautiful, but windy, day in Nashville yesterday.  The puppies loved being outside.  Hopefully we'll have many more of those days soon.

Tom still needs to get a lot stronger so I ask that you pray for him to push himself during therapy and on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment