Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ammonia level up

Well, a high ammonia level is the reason Tom is currently occupying a bed in the ICU. He was not feeling well yesterday and was beginning to get confused. I gave him an extra dose of medicine for that but it got to a point that he could not move safely on his own and I was unable to help him by myself. I called to have an ambulance transport him to the hospital. He is much better this morning. It usually doesn't take too long but that 8-12 hours can be a lifetime. Anyway, I was worried that it could be something else too. All of his vitals are great. Besides the ammonia level, they are watching his red blood cell count. If it is not higher by 4 pm, they will give him some blood. His friend Dave came by earlier and that did wonders for him. He doesn't remember much about yesterday evening or last night. He slept most of it which was good for everyone.

I'm hoping and praying for a quick release. I think if they have an available bed he will be moved out of ICU this afternoon. In the meantime, I like the extra attention he gets here.

Will post an update tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment