Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day

I hope you're all having a wonderful Valentines Day. Ours has been quite nice . . . considering.

Tom was complaining yesterday about a sore ankle. He thought he twisted it but couldn't remember when or where. I have tried to be "hands-off" as much as possible so I didn't ask a lot of questions. I did notice that it was a little red and mentioned it to him. This morning he said it was better but when we looked at it, his lower leg was beet red. I think it even surprised him. I asked him if he would at least call Dr. Rutland and see if he could get it looked at today. When I was leaving for work, he asked me to try to call also since he has such a hard time getting through. I w calling the doctors office at 8 am and got him an appointment to see a physicians assistant at 11:00 am. Tom met me there and he was diagnosed with cellulitis (again). The PA gave him a prescription for an oral antibiotic. They sent it electronically to the pharmacy and before I was out of the parking garage, I received a text that it was ready to pick up! Tom will be on it for 10 days so we're praying that it will fix the problem and Tom will not need to be hospitalized for IV antibiotics.

Tom has an appointment to go back to Dr. Rutland on Tuesday for follow-up. He will also have the blood work done to be sent to the Liver Center.

After the doctors appointment, Tom and I took the opportunity to go out to lunch together. Since I wanted to go to the Y this evening, it gave us a chance to spend a little extra time together on Valentines Day. We typically go out on another evening anyway to avoid the crowds and being rushed through dinner.

That's all the update I have for now.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment