Monday, July 25, 2011

GASTRO APPT

Today's appointment with the gastroenterologist went pretty well.  The doc didn't see anything alarming on the blood test results, however, I placed a call to Tom's PCP to get his thoughts but did not receive a call back.  Tom has an ultrasound scheduled for Wednesday morning just to get a status on things.  The doc doesn't expect to find anything but I appreciate that he is being proactive.

Tom is not too sure about the gastro doc.  When he was talking to "us" today, he was mostly looking at me.  I wanted to point to Tom and say "that is your patient" but I held my tongue.  I can't say that he is my favorite either but he seems to have a plan and I do like that.  I told Tom the next time I would let him go by himself and the doc would have to look at him.  I also told Tom that if he wanted to switch doc's he could.  So I'll let him make that decision.  I think he's afraid he will have to start all over but he can switch to the other doc in the same practice which happens to be my first "favorite" doc that saw Tom when he was in critical care.  The gastro docs are part of the same practice as Tom's PCP so they should be able to share notes easily.

Tom will not see this doc for another month.  Basically he wants to see how the next two months go.  Hopefully Tom's health will remain stable and everything else will continue to improve.  Meanwhile, Tom had a surprise physical therapy appointment today.  It was originally scheduled for tomorrow but the therapist called and changed it to today.  We had a fun-filled day with some friends yesterday, swimming in their pool so Tom has received quite a workout the past two days.  I think it's great.  Tom . . . not so much!

We had a fabulous meatloaf dinner tonight - courtesy of Tom's sisters.  I even had time for a short ride on my new bike afterward.  I realized tonight that we have reached the second half of summer - it's getting dark earlier.  I know a lot of you are happy about that but I'm bummed.  It hasn't been the happiest summer but I'm still out for some downtime for both of us - even if it's just a long weekend away.  We have 3 new babies in the family that Tom and I have yet to meet so I'm hoping in the next few weeks he will get strong enough to take a trip to Georgia.  I'm also hoping I can order up some more food and pick it up while we're there (hint, hint)!!!

Hope everyone has a good week.  If there is anything new to report, I'll post.  Otherwise - stay cool, pray for rain (at least for us) and please pray for continued healing for Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment