Friday, July 15, 2011

EVENING DRIVE

The highlight of yesterday would have to be the evening "family" drive.  I think it's good for Tom to be able to get out of the house and since we purchased a booster seat for the puppies, it seemed like a good time to try it out:


The puppies enjoyed it.  We rode around for about 45 minutes.  Finley (red) ended up laying down, Fritzi still wanted to get out.  At one point, she managed to "jump" onto the console of my car.  Neither one of us could figure out how she did it - we just looked down and there she was!  I had to stop the car and put her back in.  There is a way to secure them but they don't have harnesses yet so I didn't want to attach the strap to their collar.

Last night I told Tom he could just about have anything he wanted to eat.  He had done so well all day with his sodium and protein intake.  He chose to have some sherbet.

While we were out driving around, his sister called to tell us she had been on the Internet searching for low sodium, low protein foods.  (What a blessing to have help).  The one food that kept coming up was dog food.  So, guess what Tom is having for dinner tonight?!?  I know how to prepare dog food!!  The puppies get oatmeal for dinner so Tom can have their Puppy Chow.  My niece has also sent me a link to MealsForYou.com so that looks like a good source for other ideas - maybe even some for Tom!

A home health nurse came by to see him yesterday.  She didn't have orders for blood work or anything but it was still a good thing for her to check on Tom.  An occupational therapist is supposed to come by on Monday I think and he will probably have physical therapy at least one day next week. 

He was to have lunch with his good friend, Dennis, today.  I'm still waiting on him to call me and tell me how that went.  I'm guessing I will have to wait until I get home unless I call him.  I know he was looking forward to it.

That's about it for an update.  Don't panic if you don't hear from me this weekend.  Lots to do!!

I'll leave you with another picture of the puppies.  They sleep with us, of course.  They are in the middle of our bed.  The blue thing is a heating pad:

2 comments:

  1. The puppies seem to prefer the warmth.... Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puppy Chow? Seriously? I've joked for years about how good Gravy Train looked, but never actually ate it. Not after I got a job, anyhow. I think you guys are just messing with him. If the puppies start losing weight, I'll know you are serious. Tom, if you need me to come rescue you, let me know.

    ReplyDelete