Thursday, July 14, 2011

AN EDIBLE DINNER

Well, I did cook dinner last night - Tom and I both survived!  It was a new "low sodium" recipe for marinating pork chops.  I grilled them on the George Foreman instead of outside.  I do believe they were a little over-cooked but OK.  I need to practice on the timing a little more.  Tom ate all of the rice and most of the green beans too. 

He did really well with the rest of his limitations yesterday.  Overall I don't think he ate that much - I'd like to see him improve there.  I received a call from the nutritionist today and she is putting together some more ideas for us.  A home health nurse is coming by the house this afternoon.  That will make me feel a whole lot better.  Seeing Tom every day, I don't notice changes a trained nurse will see.  He'll probably be more willing to answer her list of questions also.  The occupational and physical therapists are back on-board as well so that will help keep Tom busy.

I think he has slept well the past two nights which wasn't always the case even when he was home before.  Hopefully he can keep that up.  It was nice to get a little more sleep myself last night.  I was not in the best of moods when I got home yesterday after work, grocery shopping, and going to the pharmacy.  Finley decided to run out of the gate as I was pulling the car in and I had to chase her around the cul-de-sac (which she thought was a lot of fun).  Thankfully one of my wonderful neighbors saw me and came outside to help.  It was so hot and I was so upset, I was just going to let her go and hope she had enough sense to come home.  Once again I asked myself . . . what were we thinking when we got two puppies?!?!

When I left home this morning, I put a binder on the counter with all the spreadsheets I put together for Tom to log his meals, sodium, protein, liquids, weight, etc.  Having to keep up with that, alone, should make him better in no time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment