Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sunset - Day 3

It's been a busy day - lots of kind visitors and so many encouraging words.  We have felt your love today.  Not much change in the levels this afternoon.  He's holding steady as the new medications from this morning are doing their thing.  The process is slow and for us who don't always wait patiently - frustrating at times.  A blood culture test was run to determine if there was any infection in his blood and . . . praise God, the test was negative.  That was the best news of the day.  Tom is resting on most visits.  He opened his eyes for me although he looked like he might be a little mad.  For his good friend, he turned his head and opened his eyes.  Guess I know where I rank!!  Tom's heart and lungs are in good shape.  He remains in multi-organ failure status.  His ammonia level is high but they have a plan in place to address that and we're just waiting for those medications to do their thing.  So, day 3 brings night 3.  We have now learned how to turn out all the lights in our "section" of the waiting room.

1 comment:

  1. I simply cannot stop thinking and praying and worrying (I am sure there is a contradiction there someplace!) about Tom. Sorry I didn't make it today, but will see you all tomorrow, God willing. You rank very high, believe it or not. I have heard so many good things from Tom about you.

    ReplyDelete