Sunday, March 27, 2011

Good Morning

Jeanne asked me to write this post. She and Debbie are taking their turns going home for a quick shower. It's been a difficult night for us in the waiting room; however, when Jeanne went to see Tom, he was awake! Praise the Lord. I (Cathy) went to visit a minute ago and he was awake again. He saw me come into the room and followed me with his eyes. I told him I have met some of his amazing friends. He nodded his head yes. I told him we are all here even though we can't stay in his room. Then I told him Dave (my husband)is taking care of his sweet dogs; he smiled. I told him Dave was even sleeping with the dogs and he chuckled! (Dave won't let our own dogs sleep with us!) I told him I loved him and he said I love you too! Praise God from whom all blessings flow... We haven't had an opportunity to talk to the doctor or nurse yet so Jeanne will post again later. Thank you for all the prayers, hugs, visits, phone calls and texts. They mean a lot to all of us. Thank you for your continued prayers. I can't stop thinking of the song Blessed Be Your Name...when the road's marked with suffering. Though there's pain in the offering, blessed be your name. We feel your prayers.

4 comments:

  1. That's one of my favorite songs and is a testimony to his goodness when things look bleak. I am praying for you all there and PTL that Tom is doing better today. It is a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great news! Thank you for the update mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne and Tom,
    New Horizons SS Class is praying fervently that things improve very soon. You obviously have some fine physicians and technicians, wonderful family at your side so we will man the "prayer front" for you. Let us know if there is any other little thing we can do for you, but just know our hearts are with you. Love and Blessings,
    Diane Romeo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so good to see you see me today! You can do it brother! I love you!

    ReplyDelete