Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Brief Update

Tom woke up log enough this morning to say "hi" and went back to sleep.  I try not to get him too worn out before shift change because I know they are going to come in and mess with him.  I did meet with the kidney doctor who reported that the kidneys are almost back to normal!  There are a couple of nutrients that are low (i.e. magnesium) that the doctor will have administered via IV and he thinks will also correct themselves with nutrition.  They removed the NG tube because they will need to start over with that today.  Don't yet know when he'll have that done.  Hoping his PCP will be in this morning so we can get an update on that and everything else.

For breakfast Cathy and I have dined on fresh fruit (thanks Ellen) and homemade sourdough bread compliments of my co-worker Bud.  My sister-in-law Debbie is on her way back to Nashville from Carrollton, GA this morning so please pray for travel mercies.

The name of our roommates mother (that I mentioned in last nights entry) is Fran Hefley.  Please continue to pray for her and her family.

All of you are the greatest prayer warriors.  We have seen God's hand in Tom's healing. 

2 comments:

  1. Great news today!! Anything that is "almost back to normal" is great! I am praying for you all-even in the middle of the night when awake-that you will see how all things really do work together for good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne, I hope the 3rd try on the NG tube is the charm! You and Tom are in my daily thoughts and prayers, as well as the doctors and great nurses you have working with him.
    Love,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete