Thursday, March 31, 2011

Quick Note

I went in to see Tom about 6:45 am and he was more alert than I've seen him.  Still groggy and/or just very weak.  He said he was ready to go home.  I told him he probably couldn't stand on his feet if he tried because he's been off of them for so long.  He said "yes I can, let's go".  I told him to shoot for getting out of Critical Care first!  I told him he's been very, very sick.  I asked him if he knew what was on his stomach (hernia), his response was "a bandage".  I reminded him what it was and that was probably the reason he was so sick.  I also told him he would need surgery to fix it but that might be a while. 

It was quite noisy in the waiting room last night so we didn't get a really good night's sleep.  I will be taking some Tylenol PM tonight!  I'm ready to go home for a quick shower too.  Didn't make it yesterday with all of the events of the day.  I'm guessing my sisters-in-law are anxious for me to have a shower too!

Again, waiting to hear from the doctor with an update.  It can be frustrating when you don't know when they are coming by.  I know the moment I leave, they will call.  Please keep praying for continued healing!  We appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment