Tuesday, March 29, 2011

GREAT MORNING

Checked on Tom about 6 and he was sleeping so I didn't wake him because I knew the nurses would be coming in soon to mess with him.  Just went back in and he was alert and spoke to me.  The doctor happened to come in and provide this great news:  the liver function is improving and his kidneys are almost back to normal!!!  Hallelujah!!

They have removed the blood pressure medicine too so hopefully his blood pressure will stay steady.  The doctor asked Tom how he felt, Tom's response was "not bad".  The doctor immediately ordered more Vitamin K (to thicken the blood) and an NG tube so that Tom can get the medicine to lower the ammonia level and some nutrition.  Our specific prayer is that the NG tube will go in easily with no bleeding.

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! It keeps getting better and better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference a day makes. Huh....:)
    Great Great news. I'll bet you can actually exhale can't you.

    ReplyDelete