Sunday, March 27, 2011

Good Evening

It's going to be difficult to beat the news from this morning so we'll just say that Tom has continued to be alert and answer our questions today.  It's just so exciting - it's difficult for me to stay out of his room.  Fortunately the nurses in the CCU have allowed us to visit outside the normal visiting hours.  I have a feeling he thinks I have overreacted since all of the family is here but he doesn't yet know how critical his condition is.  We've only told him that he has a really, really bad infection and a hernia.  We didn't meet with the doctor directly but one of his very kind nurses took the time to provide the following information:  his kidney function is improving, his liver enzymes are still high, but decreasing.  The have taken him off of the diuretic so we'll see how the kidneys function on their own.  They are gradually lowering the dose of medicine that's pushing his blood pressure up.  All the other levels are coming down as well.  One of the things he asked for was water!  They are allowing him to have water as he can tolerate it.  On my last visit, I walked in and said "I'm back".  His response was "I'm back". 

We are eating like kings and queens here and have managed to feed others in the waiting room.  Some of my Sunday School class members greeted us this morning with a hot breakfast!  It was superb!  A couple of my girlfriends from Memphis drove all the way here to visit for a few hours and then headed home.  I am not surprised really but it's such a wonderful, and generous gift. 

This may be it for tonight unless something monumental happens that I just have to share.  God bless you all for your thoughts and prayers . . . oh, and if you can pray that we have "quiet time" in the waiting room tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! All good news. I'm so happy for you. I will keep praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne, I am so relieved to continue to hear positive news about how Tom is doing. All praise and glory to the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of Glory! I will continue praying for a full recovery.

    I pray for you and the rest of the family to have sustained strength, energy and patience.

    And wherever the idea came from for the blog post? Kudos!

    Love you lots!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne,
    excuse my technical ignorance but I've been trying to post a comment to your blog via Facebook, this way, etc...so if this post is repeating itself, forgive...

    The Challengers class at BUMC lifted you and Tom up in prayer yesterday as I believe the church did. I didn't go to early service so I don't know....
    Plan to swing at around lunch today.... which is 1 - 2 I'll check to make sure you will be there before coming. Hope you got some rest.
    Love ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanne, such good news on your post today and I pray that improvement will continue every hour/day. I know you are tired, so yes, I will pray for a quiet waiting room for you this evening!
    Blessings,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete