Sunday, June 5, 2011

STILL WAITING

I have every intention of posting when I get home at night but then I get distracted by the puppies and everything else and just forget.

We're still waiting on the swelling in Tom's legs and feet to go down.  His kidney numbers did not change yesterday but the white blood cell count was up some ?!?!?

He's feeling OK and would be much better if the IV would cooperate.  They had to stick him 3 times to get one to work yesterday.  Most of the day it was off because they didn't have someone available to come and work on it.  The alarm keeps going off because it is clogged or something.  They have changed pumps, tubes, and just about everything else.  They changed the tube again last night before I left.  I'm hoping Tom had an alarm-free night.

Maybe since the kidney numbers were stable yesterday, they will start to go down today.  Dialysis is an option but I'd hate for him to have to do that.  He's still getting IV antibiotics along with magnesium and potassium.  His appetite is a lot better and the reflux medication they have given him seems to be working well. 

We got a wheelchair and rode down to sit on the patio yesterday.  It was warm, but nice.  Between the sounds of a water fountain and the cicadas, Tom and I both could have fallen asleep if we'd have had a head rest!  His doctor wants him out of the bed as much as possible but it is a real pain to have the IV pole with you everywhere you go.  He's even had to shower with it because no one was available to disconnect it.

The hospital guest wireless network has not had Internet access all weekend so we've been crippled a bit.  I suggested that Tom get Netflix because he's tired of watching the same thing all day on TV.  He tends to fall asleep if he reads but he is doing some of that too.

Well, I need to get ready for Church.  Hopefully I'll be home earlier tonight and have some good news to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment