Saturday, June 11, 2011

HOME SWEET HOME (Again)

We made it!  Finally home!

We arrived home about 4 pm after dropping off some prescriptions around the corner.  One of them the pharmacy didn't have so I spent the next hour calling over 12 pharmacies and the hospital to try a locate a particular drug.  Fortunately I was able to find it . . . unfortunately it was across town.  Since the pharmacy closed at 6 pm I ran out of the house to go 20 miles back into town - fighting the CMA Festival traffic.  Then I panicked - the pharmacy that had the other prescriptions closed at 6 pm also.  I called Tom and had him see if our neighbors could go and get them.  We have super-wonderful neighbors who immediately jumped in their car and picked them up.  So, we have everything we need (along with some wonderful leftover food from a "Low Country Boil" I attended last night with my Sunday School class) and we're settled in for the night.

I am disappointed to be missing my class reunion but that's how it goes sometimes.  It is good to be home and know that I can attend church and not have a 4-hour drive in the morning!

Tom has to go to his doctor on Monday for blood work and he has a follow-up appointment on Wednesday - then I hope we can stay away from that place for a while!  He is still miserably swollen - it's taken a lot longer for that to go down this time but he didn't have dialysis either (which helped last time).  I know it will get better with time.

The puppies are so happy to have Tom home and he is quite happy to see them too.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful Saturday!  Please keep praying for Tom's healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment