Friday, April 6, 2012

No hospital stay

Tom had a pretty good doctors appointment today. He's not feeling great but he's a lot better being at home and not in the hospital! I think we both thought that is where he would end up.

Toms been having back pain and a rash. The doctor has added a muscle relaxer to his medication list. He also gave us an RX for prednisone but told us not to fill it until we heard from him. He has not called. I don't know if that is good or bad. Toms white blood cell count was up to 17,000 last week so I'm hoping it is back down to normal. The doc thought the rash looked like a drug reaction so I guess we'll wait and see about that. I went ahead and filled the prednisone just in case because I was already at the pharmacy and wantd him to get it ASAP if he needed it.

Not a whole lot was said about the fluid. Tom has gained about 40 lbs since being at UAB. It is difficult for him to get around. His weight hasn't changed much in the past few days. He is taking lasix but not every day. He assured me today he was pumping his shunt too. I don't know . . . I guess we'll see how he does this week. He'll be beyond miserable if he gains any more weight.

I want to thank you for your prayers for my bosses husband. He want home on Wednesday! He is incredibly fortunate. His doctor told him only 1% of people survive the kind of heart attack he had and even fewer suffer no heart muscle damage or brain damage. That is the power of prayer!

We're still praying for a miracle like that and that Tom will get a liver before his MELD score drops.

We wish you all a wonderful Easter and remember Christ's sacrifice for us. Praise God He is risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment