Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Another trip to the ER

First of all, I appreciate those of you who have been checking but have found no update.  I do hope you continue to keep Tom in your prayers.  The truth is, we have been very busy.  Tom has been home for 10 days and with just one hiccup was doing pretty well . . . until yesterday.  Tom was sluggish and a bit confused when I got home from work.  I tried to convince him to try and get to the truck so we could go to UAB but he didn't want any part of that.  I told him once he became unresponsive, I was calling the paramedics which I did at 5 am this morning.  Tm spent a better part of today in the ER waiting on a room.  His potassium and ammonia levels are pretty high and he was dehydrated.  All are being corrected and he is much more alert this evening but still pretty agitated and a little confused.

Dr. Rutland came in a little while ago, I told him we needed to get with the program and get Tom out of here so he could make his appointment in Birmingham next Wednesday!  I told Tom that he needed to stay in bed today but tomorrow he needed to get up and do some walking, he agreed!

We've had the pleasure of visits from both of Tom's sisters since he has been home from rehab.  They have cooked, cleaned, unpacked and helped immensely with Tom's care.  Tom's birthday was this past Friday and our neighbors brought over a fantastic strawberry cake!  Thanks to all of the help, our house is getting put together slowly.  Tom's sister, Debbie, even helped Tom clean out his closet!  I think the new kitchen has been used more this past week than our old kitchen was in 17 years!  The painter was at home today and his to do list gets longer and longer.  Tom's sister, Cathy, helped us pick out a color for the kitchen - I think that's been the toughest remodeling decision!

Won't rattle on any more at this point.  Please pray for Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment