Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tom is home again

Tom arrived back home yesterday afternoon.  He was once again happy, happy, happy to be out of the hospital (so was I)!  I miss having the help of his sisters at home but today one of the care givers is at home helping him out.  He is really wanting to "get out of the house" but I asked him to try and take it easy today.  Tomorrow is his appointment with Dr. Eckhoff in Birmingham so it will be a very long day and will be tiring for him. 

The painter was at the house yesterday and will be there most of the day tomorrow.  I keep adding to his "to do" list but I'll never get it done.  I haven't been able to shop for a backsplash yet so who knows when that will get done.  I've not picked out a paint color for the powder room either.  Maybe I can hire someone to do those things too!

The pups are super-excited to have Tom home.  They were both asleep on his legs last night, I had to move them twice to change the bandage on Tom's leg and to help him get to bed.  I'm guessing that's where they will spend most of their day today as well.

Please pray for a safe trip tomorrow and that Dr. Eckhoff is satisfied with the healing of Tom's wound.  Hopefully his blood counts will still be stable.

No comments:

Post a Comment