Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day One

So it's back to the "real world". I went back to work today - it was really good to be with my work family again. I certainly miss the Burnet/Ernst & Gyetvay families though. I know this is my "new normal" but I don't like it. I miss Tom so much, even if it meant spending all those hours at the hospital. I wish I could share with you all the wonderful cards, calls, texts, chats, Facebook posts, emails (gotta love technology), and especially the hugs. They have made impossible days possible.

I am surrounded by beautiful plants and flowers and incredible neighbors too. The freezer contains several helpings of comfort food. Many others have offered to help in so many ways; I hope they mean it, I will be calling!!

The puppies and I are are going to be alright. We will adjust slowly.

Tom was more or less alert when I got to the hospital on Saturday and we were able to say "I love you" to each other. I refused to say good-bye. I just told him to watch over us and I know he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment